Wednesday, January 13, 2010

SUPER SOUP

One of the sweet pleasures in life that I have always enjoyed is cooking. I remember concocting my own homemade Reese's peanut butter cups using ice cube trays when I was about eleven. I learned most of my culinary skills from my Grandma Alice, and after almost 23 years of cooking for my husband and family it truly has been very enjoyable, up until a few years ago when I just became too tired to cook! The problem with that is that I rarely use a recipe! So, all those yummy from-scratch dinners are up in my head somewhere mixed in a jumble of misfiring neurons. I think I've still got it though. This is an old standby (my kids love it!) that happened when I pulled all the veggies out of the fridge last night.

CREAMY BROCCOLI SOUP
In a Large Pot (short stock pot) add:
2-3 chunks of broccoli cut up
1/2 cauliflower cut in pieces
a big handful of the mini carrots
1/2 an onion
1 stalk celery
2 spoons of minced garlic- refrigerated
1/2 pot of water
1 tablespoon of chicken bouillon
sprinkle of garlic salt
couple dashes of pepper

Cook until veggies are softish.
Scoop into the blender ( I used another container to put the blended veggies in)
Blend until smooth

Pour all blended veggies back into stock pot and simmer
Add 1 can of evaporated milk, or about a cup of milk for creaminess

All done. Total time: 25 minutes for a yummy, healthy, gourmet soup!

To Wellness,
MA

No comments:

Post a Comment