Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12 More Reasons to Love My Husband

Over the Christmas break I watched one of my all time favorite movies: You've Got Mail.  I love the scene when Kathleen Kelly (Shopgirl) and Joe Fox (NY152) are at the outdoor market shooting off  ideas for the meaning of the NY152 email handle...  
He comes up with, " ..He's a hundred and fifty-two years old. He's had one hundred and fifty-two moles removed, so now he's got one hundred fifty-two pock marks on his... on his face... Mr. 152 Felony indictments. "
Her thoughts are, " ...The number of people who think he looks like Clark Gable. Mr. 152 insights into my soul." 
I especially love the ending scene after the two have spent the afternoon together as Joe and Kathleen and she is preparing to meet NY152 for the 'first' time.  It is a struggle because Shopgirl can't imagine wanting to meet anyone other than Joe Fox, with whom she has spent the last week with as a result of NY152's 'Tweeking'. Anyway, there are at least 152 more reasons that I think it is a lovely story.

And thus it brings me to the Sweet ending to the 12-Days of Christmas treasure trove of 2011.  12 Drummers Drumming turned out to be a CD with 12 handpicked songs with the titles beginning with You're the Inspiration, Crazy, Best Was Yet to Come, Somewhere Down the Road, The Cello's song, Will You Still Love Me, Faithfully, Somewhere Somehow, Madrona, Who Needs to Dream, After All these Years, and One More Day.  All meaningful to my journey with my husband over the last 25 years. 

All in all, for me,  it was just 12 more reasons to love my husband.  What an amazing Christmas it has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment