Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Baking, Lords of Leaping and Piping Hot Tea....

Every year I set aside a whole day with my best college girlfriend, Deanna, and we bake our heads off.  We start at the crack of dawn and by the end of the day we manage to have pumped out about 10 different delectable naughties.  Most of the concoctions consist of  sinful ingredients such as:  chocolate chips, butter, brown sugar, coconut and peanut butter.  This year, I thought I would store my sealed containers on my back deck.  It's about 35 degrees outside and thankfully the raccoon family that used to live in our backyard has vacated for good, so I didn't see any harm.  Last night I slept restless wondering if any critters would bother the treats and woke to find all well on deck.  Just this afternoon however, I heard munching outside the window and sure enough, a mama squirrel had bitten a whole in the side of the Tupperware box!  Talk about invasion of privacy!  Shees!

That got me thinking about the 12 Days of Christmas Surprise that I have been the recipient of.  My husbands incredible goodwill. Some of these gifts are so tender, so personal.  I am humbled by his kindness and the detail and thought he has put to each days treasure.  Last nights treasure epitomized the whole essence of the activity for me.  His twist on the Lords of Leaping was certainly different than mine.  In fact, I hadn't the foggiest idea of what he would come up with.  So, as I opened up my computer last night, out came the index card and then a packet of papers stapled at the corner. For the next hour, I read through my watery eyes, my husband's thoughts on how his testimony of our Lord "Leaps" in his heart,  through 10 of his favorite scriptures. WOW.  Truly amazing.  I am blessed. 

Now I think I will steep me some Piping Hot Tea from my 11 Pipers Piping treasure of today..... (it was a stretch, but it works.) 
Cheers and Merry Christmas~!

No comments:

Post a Comment