Friday, December 23, 2011

With these Treats comes a Price....

It's the price everyone pays during the holidays...  a little more heft around the waistline.  So, needless to say I have gained 5 pounds this week!  Number eight just added to it.  Number 9- helped take it away.... 

Eight Maids a Milking:  I had to wait all day for this one, but it was worth it.  There is a milkshake that I love from Burgerville that comes around in January/February.  Chocolate Hazelnut.  It's the BEST!  Our family has come up with a close rendition of the milkshake using hazelnut syrup, Ferrero Rocher chocolates, chocolate sauce and ice cream.  (Think:... a billion calories).  So for this surprise, I was treated with a Wallis Hazelnut chocolate shake surrounded by 8 Ferrero Rocher chocolates with toothpicks sticking out the center with little princess head stickers.  They looked like little maids with big skirts!  So clever.  So fattening! So delicious!

Nine Ladies Dancing:  I have to say that this has been one of my favorites so far.  I have been so impressed with these surprises, that I am really speechless when they are presented.  Last night I received the traditional index card that states:  On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 9 ladies dancing.  There was a card underneath the index card and on the front of the card were miniature pictures of nine ladies dancing.  Above each picture there is a small hole punch circle with a number- so 9 numbers... right?  Inside the card it says:  This is no ordinary card; it is a special "Nine Ladies Dancing" card.  It is good for 9 special dances with your True Love.  Only one dance is redeemable each month, so you can enjoy the dancing throughout the coming months.  After each dance, I will hole punch your dance card until you my lovely lady, have had nine dances.  Awwwww. 

I redeemed the first one right then.  We danced to Michael Buble's- 'Everything'.  The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment